🕓 10 minutes
What you’ll learn
How to create a new application component which encapsulates specific application logic.
- Choose the existing application or Create a New Application.
See the application detail and create a new application component.
- Components (microservices) encapsulate specific application logic (i.e. user details, billing, shipping, etc.).
- An application in the microservice architecture is described by the application components and their orchestration.
- They have separate release cycles and separated Git repositories.
- Before creating a new component you have to choose a framework for coding. CodeNOW currently supports these frameworks:
- Wait for component creation and you will receive a Git repository link, where the component source code will be stored.
To connect a new service such as Kafka or Redis to your application component, see:
Creating a managed component is another use case:
- Clone the Git repository using your favourite Git management tool.
- Use your personal SSH key and start the development.
- You can also connect to your repository via HTTP(S).
- Use the same email and password you use to log in to CodeNow.
Go to component details.
Your personal SSH key.
Connect via HTTP(S).
You might be interested in our other tutorials: