🕓 10 minutes
How to create a new application component which encapsulates specific application logic.
- Choose the existing application or Create a New Application.
See the application detail and create a new application component.
- Components (microservices) encapsulate specific application logic (i.e. user details, billing, shipping, etc.).
- An application in the microservice architecture is described by the application components and their orchestration.
- They have separate release cycles and separated Git repositories.
- Before creating a new component you have to choose a framework for coding. CodeNOW currently supports these frameworks:
- Wait for component creation and you will receive a Git repository link, where the component source code will be stored.
To connect a new service such as Kafka or Redis to your application component, see:
See the component details for additional information about the component including the instructions on how to clone this project to your local environment.
- Clone the Git repository using your favourite Git management tool.
- Use your personal SSH key and start the development.
- You can also connect to your repository via HTTP(S).
- Use the same email and password you use to log in to CodeNow.
Your personal SSH key.
Connect via HTTP(S).
You might be interested in our other tutorials: