Connect Service to Component
🕓 5 minutes
What you’ll learn
How to connect your component to a Managed service, eg. database, authentication service, messaging service, etc.
The main advantage of doing this within CodeNOW is that you don't have to worry about connection credentials in order to create and use Managed services, it takes just a few clicks. Therefore, you, as a developer, have everything you need at your disposal.
- Choose the existing application or Create a New Application
- Create a New Application Component
- Create a New Service
How to connect a new Service
- While creating a new component or on a page of an existing component:
- Click on the Add new connection button.
- Select one of the supported services.
- Click Confirm.
- Find Connected Services in component detail and click on the Connection properties button.
- Go to your project code and set the environment variables as listed in the instructions.
When your application is ready for deployment, you will be able to select a specific service instance for every environment and CodeNow will automatically provide your application with the correct values, so that your component will be connected to the chosen service.
- For more information, see the Application deployment tutorial.
Add New Connection
Find Connection Properties
1 / 4