🕓 5 minutes
How to add a new service to your component in such a manner that CodeNow will automatically add the correct connection properties into your configuration file, so you don't need to do it manually.
- Choose the existing application or Create a New Application
- Create a New Application Component
- Create a New Service (e.g. Apache Kafka)
After you configure your service, go to the component details and choose Create new connection.
After the new connection has been created, click on the Connection properties button.
- Go to your project code and set the environment variables as listed in the instructions so that CodeNow will automatically provide your application with the correct values.
When your application is ready for deployment, you will be able to select a specific service instance for every environment and CodeNow will automatically provide your application with the correct values, so that your component will be connected to the chosen service.
- For more information, see the Application deployment tutorial.
Example instructions for Apache Kafka.
See our other manuals: