Runtime configuration and scaling
🕓 5 minutes
What you’ll learn
How to horizontally scale your deployed application in the CodeNOW environment in order to make your application more efficient and more performant.
- Created application and Application components
- You are ready to deploy your application.
CodeNOW lets you set the following parameters:
- Number of running instances: number of pods to be run
- CPU request: number of computing units that are guaranteed to be allocated
- CPU limit: upper boundary of computing units to be allocated
- Memory request: amount of memory that is guaranteed to be allocated
- Memory limit: upper boundary of memory to be allocated
for detailed information, see Kubernetes documentation
Set runtime configuration while deploying
- Find your application in CodeNOW. On the bottom of the page of you application, under Deployments, select Deploy
- On the first step of the deployment process, fill in your chosen environment and application package. Once you have done that, click Next.
- Keep going until you reach step labeled as Runtime Configuration. There is a dropdown menu corresponding to your application components.
- Unfold the dropdown of your desired application component. Now you can change runtime configuration for that component.
1 / 4
Change runtime configuration of deployed application
- Find your already deployed application. Select Detail.
- From the upper menu, select Runtime Config.
- Now you should see a dropdown menu for each of your application components. Once you are finished, click Save & Redeploy
1 / 3