Can a CodeNOW CD pipeline be modified?
- At the moment you cannot modify yourself a CodeNOW CD pipeline. It will likely be possible in future CodeNOW releases.
Can a CodeNOW CI pipeline be modified?
- Yes! To use your custom CI pipelines, go to the detail of your component and click on the option Use Custom Pipelines.
- For more information, see Custom CI pipelines.
Can a GitLab CI/CD pipeline be used alongside (or instead of) a CodeNOW CI/CD pipeline?
- Both options are currently not available. If you are interested in that feature, please let us know! Our support pages give you the opportunity to send us new feature requests. We welcome your feedback!
Can a stalled Application Build be canceled in the CodeNOW CI/CD pipeline?
- It is currently not possible. As a possible workaround, you may run a new Build.
kaniko be implemented in the CodeNOW CI/CD pipeline?
- Yes. CodeNOW uses
docker buildCI step.
Where can I see the resources consumed by a Pod?
- In the left menu click
Dashboardto open a
Grafanainstance. Refer to CodeNOW documentation about Live Monitoring with Grafana.
What is the data monitoring retention period?
- Currently 7 days.
Is it possible to extend the monitoring data retention period?
- Yes, but only by opening a support ticket. Additional charges may be incurred.
How to display the DORA metrics for an application?
- See DORA metrics.
- The DORA metrics might not be displayed immediately after connecting the Production Environment with the Application (thus enabling the DORA metrics) because DORA metrics are computed once a day and the computation might not have been started for the day yet.
Custom CodeNOW cluster configuration
Can I use custom Docker Images in CodeNOW?
- Yes. Use the
Docker/GenericComponent scaffolder. Because the configuration and deployment is not managed by CodeNOW, it comes without any guarantees that the configuration will work.
- For more information, see Custom docker image.
Will my custom cluster configuration implemented by the
Helm2 Generic chart or the
Docker/Generic scaffolder be automatically upgraded with the release of new versions of either of the scaffolders?
- No, as it is technologically difficult to cover all use cases of these scaffolders.
Can the access to remote Docker image registries be disabled?
- Yes. Please open a support ticket. We will perform the requested operation.
What is a Cluster in CodeNOW?
- A Cluster is an instance of a CodeNOW-managed Kubernetes Cluster. It is deployed independently of the CodeNOW platform, but CodeNOW controls and manages the Cluster exclusively (so the user does not need to).
- For more information, see Cluster management.
Can multiple Components share the same Git repository?
- No. The usage of a monorepo is against the first rule of The Twelve-Factor App philosophy.
Can the allocated cluster hardware resources for a deployed third-party Service (for example PostgreSQL) be changed?
- Yes, currently it is possible for PostgreSQL, for other deployed third-party services, please open a support ticket.note
Changing the cluster hardware resources allocated to a PostgreSQL service can result in a downtime. Downtime duration depends, among other things, on the underlying hosting hardware, the number of database replicas, the size of the database, and the actual database utilization.
- Changing allocated cluster hardware resources for a deployed PostgreSQL service:
- Navigate to
- Select the PostgreSQL service you want to change the resources for.
- Change the configuration in the
- Check the status of the PostgreSQL service in the table at the top of the
Managed Service Detail>
Statusfield displays the status of the update process (
- Navigate to