What you'll learn
How to deploy an application in CodeNOW. To get a general understanding of deployment-related features, see Deployment overview.
- created Application package
- Go to the detail of your application, scroll down to Deployments and click on Deploy.
- Choose the deployment target - the environment to which you want to deploy and the application package that is to be deployed. Afterwards, click on Next.
- Now, the current deployment configuration for your deployment target is displayed. You may modify this configuration by pressing Create or Edit, this will create or edit the respective manually created deployment configuration. Make sure to fix any errors. Afterwards, click on Next.
Be careful when modifying the deployment configuration, since it may affect more application packages at once.
- Now, you can see assigned domains for your environment, if there are any. You may edit the configuration by clicking on Edit Configuration. Afterwards, click on Deploy to set off the deployment process.
- to learn how to assign a domain to your application, see Domain name configuration
Consider an example scenario depicted in the screenshot below. Our application has 2 packages -
0.0.2, so that:
- the package
0.0.1has a manually created deployment configuration on the environment
- in package
0.0.2, we introduced a new connection called
DB, that wasn't present in the previous package
As explained in manually created deployment configuration, when creating a new package and if possible, CodeNOW automatically prolongs the deployment configuration of the previous package.
This means that in our example the deployment configuration for
dev will be prolonged to
[0.0.1, 0.0.2] on
Because updating the existing configuration would also affect the package
0.0.1, which doesn't have the
DB connection, we can only create a new configuration specifically for package
Therefore, to fix the issue, we need to create a new configuration for the package
0.0.2, where we specify the service instance for
DB. The resulting configurations will be