🕓 10 minutes
What you’ll learn
This tutorial details how to use tracing for monitoring, analysing, debugging, and optimising your code. Tracing helps you to:
- detect failures and the place where they occur;
- and understand what causes the poor performance of the application.
- Find the "Logging & Tracing" section in the sidebar menu and go to the "Tracing" option.
- Get a
traceIDif you don't have one already. Paste the
traceIDinto the search field and click on the "Run query" button.note
If you don't know how to get a traceID, see API Execution/Testing with Swagger or Internal documentation.
- Now you can view your trace.
- For details, expand your trace.
- If the trace has a "Log" icon, you can also view logs for it.
- You can also add |="your_trace_id" (for example: |="8f23f1ac55bd287553370fdd783f88a8") after the log command that you've already had. This will show all logs for this component only for this
- You can also use the search field to find the specific component. Result will be highlighted in yellow:
Navigate to Tracing
Paste a traceID and Run query
View your trace
Select logs by traceID
Find function of tracing
1 / 7
Learn more about Jaeger